Hungry Jack® Recipes
Flaky Fried Fish Tacos
Yields: 6 servings | Prep time: 20 min. | Cook time: 10 min.
- 3 cups Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying to 1-inch deep
Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small lime, grated peel and juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1 cup Pillsbury Best® all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 pound tilapia fillets (or other white fish), cut into 12 narrow strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded red cabbage and diced mango
- Heat 1-inch oil in deep large skillet to 350°F. Combine mayonnaise, lime peel, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Combine flour, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt in large resealable plastic bag. Add fish. Shake until fish is coated.
- Beat eggs and water in shallow baking dish. Combine potato flakes, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper and 1-1/2 teaspoons salt in another shallow baking dish. Remove fish from plastic bag. Shake off excess flour. Dip into egg, then coat with potato flakes.
- Fry fish in several batches for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fish. Place 1 or 2 fish strips in each tortilla. Top with Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise, cabbage and mango. Fold in half. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.