- 1 carton (4.2 oz.) Hungry Jack® Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- 2 ounces bacon diced (2-3 strips or about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced vertically into thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 1-2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hottest tap water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain any excess water. Meanwhile, cook bacon and onion over medium-low heat in an oven-proof 9 to 10-inch wide non-stick skillet. Stir only a few times until onions soften and lightly brown, and bacon crisps, 12-15 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add enough oil to drippings in pan to make about 2 tablespoons. Spread potatoes evenly in pan and slightly up sides, and gently press down.
- Cook on medium- high heat until edges begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange cheeses and bacon over potatoes.
- ** Whisk eggs, milk, cream and pepper until blended. Pour evenly into pan. If pan handle is plastic, wrap in double layer of aluminum foil to protect in oven. (Alternatively, potatoes can be slipped into a 9-inch glass pie dish before adding cheese and eggs.)
- Bake 25 minutes until puffed and set in center. Serve in wedges.
- Prep time: 22 min.
- Cook time: 25 min.
- Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 330 calories, 23g fat, (11 g sat, fat), 165mg cholesterol, 11g protein, 19g carbohydrate, 550mg sodium, 1g fiber