Prep time: 15 min. l Cook time: about 25 min. Makes 5 omelets
- 1 carton (4.2 oz) Hungry Jack® Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- Canola oil as needed
- Fill hashbrowns carton to fill line with hottest tap water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Coat with about 2 teaspoons oil, Heat an 8-inch non-stick skillet, or a griddle, over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup hashbrown mixture and spread to a 6-inch circle.
- Add choice of filling on one side. Cook until top is set and bottom is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Fold unfilled side over filling and remove from pan.
- Serve warm. Repeat to make five omelets.
- Greek Style Omelet Add 1 teaspoon dry Greek herb seasoning or 1/4 teaspoon each oregano, basil and mint to carton before adding hot water to hashbrowns. Fill each omelet with 1-2 tablespoons each chopped fresh spinach, diced tomatoes and feta cheese.
Plain omelet per serving: 380 calories, 24g fat, 5.5g saturated fat, 630mg cholesterol, 20g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 580mg sodium, 1g total dietary fiber
Greek Style Omelet per serving: 230 calories, 14g fat, (3g sat, fat), 135mg cholesterol, 6g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 520mg sodium, 1g fiber