Prep time: 15 min. l Cook time: about 25 min. | Makes 5 omelets
- 1 carton (4.2 oz) Hungry Jack® Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- Canola oil as needed
- Fill hashbrown potato carton to fill line with hottest tap water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain any excess water.
- Mix hashbrowns and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Heat an 8-inch non-stick skillet, or a griddle, over medium heat. Coat with about 2 teaspoons oil; add 1/2 cup hashbrown mixture and spread to a 6-inch circle.
- Add Southwest filling on one side. Cook until top is set and bottom is golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Fold unfilled side over filling and remove from pan.
- Serve warm. Repeat to make five omelets.
- Add 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder to carton before adding hot water to hashbrown potatoes.
- Fill each omelet with 1-2 tablespoons each, salsa, diced ham, and green onions.
- Garnish omelet with cilantro and sour cream.
Plain omelet per serving: 380 calories, 24g fat, 5.5g saturated fat, 630mg cholesterol, 20g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 580mg sodium, 1g total dietary fiber
Southwest Omelet per serving: 450 calories, 29g fat, 8g saturated fat, 650mg cholesterol, 25g protein, 22g carbohydrate, 890mg sodium, 1g total dietary fiber