Prep time: 15 minutes | Bake: 10 minutes | Yield 4 servings
- 1 carton (4.2oz) Hungry Jack® Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup Andouille sausage, diced
- ½ cup prepared Creole sauce*
- ½ cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter an 8 X 8 inch baking pan.
- Refresh potatoes by adding hot water to the fill line. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat. 4.** Drain** the potatoes and add to the skillet.
- Cook on one side only until the edges are golden.
- Transfer potatoes to the prepared baking pan.
- Add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the skillet, heat and add the celery, onions and green bell pepper. Cook until softened and arrange over the potatoes.
- Add the sausage to the skillet and cook until hot. Arrange over the onions/ peppers.
- Spoon the sauce over the sausage.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all and bake until the cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the green onions over all.
*Shortcut to make a Creole sauce: Mix ½ cup of mild salsa and ½ teaspoon of Creole seasoning mix to taste.
Per serving: 320 calories, 19g fat, (5.5g sat, fat), 35mg cholesterol, 12g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 1040mg sodium, 2g fiber