Hungry Jack® Recipes
Bacon-Cheeseburger Potato Pie
Yields: 6 servings | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 35 min.
- 2 cups Hungry Jack® Mashed Potato Flakes
- 1-1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- Chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, ketchup, mustard and salt in medium bowl. Mix well. Press mixture in bottom and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Cool and crumble.
- Combine water, butter and garlic salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add milk. With fork, stir in potato flakes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese.
- Remove partially baked beef crust from oven. Pour off any drippings. Spoon potato mixture evenly into crust. Return to oven. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked and potatoes are heated.
- Remove pie from oven. Top with tomato, remaining 1/2 cup cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Top with green onions. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.